Monday, September 12, 2005

The Devious Photographer

Thomas told me that I had to tell the story about how I took the traffic light photo in my last post.

The closest set of traffic lights to my house are only there to allow people to cross the street. I drove up there in the rain, and got out of my warm car. Now the lights only go red when a pedestrian presses the button, so I went and pressed the button. I then took a few steps back and tried to take a photo of the red light. That was when I found out that my camera had flat batteries.

By now a large line of cars had pulled up at the red light. I quickly returned to my car, only to receive some VERY ANNOYED looks from the stationary cars. One passenger even stuck his unholy finger up at me!

I managed to find some spare batteries in my glove box, but this time I headed down the street to the next set of lights. I waited for the lights to change by themselves this time before I took the photo.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

lol! yeah, nice work humf. You know, I'm sure you could've found a nice photo of a red traffic light on the net somewhere. :P

Humphrey Murray said...

Yer I could have, except that wouldn't have been any fun! It was one of those things that I just had to do. My mission, if I choose to accept it, is to take a photo of a red traffic light in the pouring rain, in the funniest circumstance possible!