Thursday, September 22, 2005

Survey :: Slave2Work

How much time do you spend doing uni work each day?

It only just occurred to me how much work I'm actually doing at university this semester. I know that I have been struggling to get 8 hours sleep a night, and that I haven't had time to do a lot of lifes simple pleasures. But, I didn't realise how much work I have been putting into uni.


The standard Australian day:
8 hours at work
8 hours in bed asleep
8 hours for lifes simple pleasures
---
24 hours in a day.

The standard 3rd year Bachelor of computer day:
8 hours in bed asleep
11-12 hours of uni work
4 hours for lifes simple pleasures.
---
24 hours in a day.

So you wake up, go to uni, take a lunch break, get back into the work... You then look at your clock and realise that it's 6pm, so you head home, cook tea, eat tea... Then you jump back behind the computer and get back into uni work until about 10:30 - 11pm. That is your day!!

4 hours left over is great you say?
Time gets eaten away... Because it takes about 1 hour to get out of bed, have a shower, eat breakfast, and get to uni. And then about 0.5 - 1 hour for lunch. And then you get home from uni, so you need another 1 hour to cook tea. If you take a 15 minute morning tea and afternoon tea breaks that equals another 30 mins, and if you probably take 30 mins to go to sleep. And those 4 hours add up to the time left for lifes simple pleasures.

So that equates to not having enough time to live. No time to:
  • Relax
  • Go for a walk/jog/run
  • Read the Bible
  • Pray
  • Worship
  • Watch Tv
  • Pick up chicks
  • Relax
  • And even cook
So I have 2 questions that I want to ask you today...
  • Do you live your life like this?
  • How many hours a day do you spend doing Uni work?

1 comment:

Humphrey Murray said...

Oh yes, weekends! They are SOOOOO great. I refuse to do any uni work then!